Thursday, April 21, 2011

ICLW I'm back in business!

It has been a while! Welcome readers to my blog, you can find my story on the left (it's a summary, shouldn't take too long!) and I want to finish something I started last year. In July 2010 I had used half the alphabet to say something about me. Never got around to use the other half! So here it goes.

N Neil Patrick Harris. How I didn't know he existed till a few weeks ago is something I'm actually ashamed of! I'm now a big fan and just getting over my little teenager crush (at the tender age of 36!)

O Oliver. He's my little miracle, born on New Year's Day after such a long journey! Do you see my blog lists on the right? My dream is to have all the cyber friends in the top list moving down to the second one and then to the third one.

P Patches. He's our other cat. The sick one, the one that got The Ultimate Vet Hero into our lives (see later). He's doing much better, still on medications and certainly prone to pick up anything that goes around. But he's the Dude's best buddy and we'll do everything to keep him healthy (even with no pet insurance!)

Q Quest. The quest for a child has been part of my life for the last four years.

R Research. That's what I do for a living. I am a chemical biologist and lecture in one of the Universities in Dublin. I love my job.

S September. Mike and I are both born in September. One day I got to thing that there are exactly 740 days between us.

T Tubeless. I lost both tubes due to ectopic pregnancies. I giggled when the nurse told me to "be careful" at my six-weeks post-natal appointment. But T is also for Twitter! I'm new at it but if you are there too let me know and I'll follow!

U (The) Ultimate Vet Hero. She has become a very good friend thanks to Patches's ill health. We are going out for dinners and inviting each others to our places. Husbands get on great too. She'll be moving back to California as soon as her husband gets the green card. We won't know what to do then!

V Valentina. She is my sister and Oliver's aunt. In charge of all the classical education oliver will get!

W Worry. I worry a lot. I can be of great support for others, but I don't seem to be able to do the same for myself and often I spiral down the loop of irrational fears.

X X-Factor. Do you watch it? I did last year.

Y Yoga. I had a very good teacher, loved her style, and then an absolutely awful one during my ante-natal classess. She really got on my nerves. That's not the way it shoudl be right?

Z Zoolander. It's the name of Mike's car. We thought it had a blue-steel look.

I hope to find new blogs to follow as well as new friends who follow me!

12 comments:

Carrie27 said...

I'm a horrible worry wart as well. I can manage and calm others' stress levels, but not my own.

ICLW

jill's infertility document said...

Welcome back ICLW, Fran! Thank you for your sweet words the other day. It was the first time anyone has ever called me 'petal' and it felt very much like a hug.

Alex said...

This is fun - happy ICLW!

Mad Hatter said...

Oh my gosh, Fran, I am so surprised to read "W"! I see you as such a rock and you seem so rational and matter-of-fact about things in your comments! In fact, I often feel ashamed at my crazy fears when I know you've read them because you come across as so practical! ;-)
I love it that you're good friends with your vet and that you name your car!
Thanks for very revealing post!
Love,
Maddy

Rochelle said...

Thanks for your comment! So glad you finally got your little one! I really do feel like it's not too much farther in the future, even if it means we move onto adoption. Soak up some extra baby time for me today! ICLW #31

Ms2Mrs..back to Ms said...

What a creative way to let new readers get to know about you! I'm a horrible worrier as well.

ICLW #32

lostintranslation said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog and for giving us a peek into your life via the ABC.

TheThirtiesGirl said...

Thanks so much for your comment! Sounds like you had a rough road to baby. He is adorable!

Joanna aka Paper said...

Hello, Fran!

Thank you for dropping by for ICLW. You left words that warm my heart and made me want to make a special effort to visit your blog space.

Congratulations on your angel!

I am truly looking forward to getting to know you more! My brother lives in Ireland as well, and we visited Yuletide, 2009

(((hugs)))
Joanna
My Daily Mooosings in the Netherlands

Kakunaa said...

I think July was my last ICLW, LOL. I don't even know how to keep up anymore! Love the list!

Unknown said...

Wow you had quite a journey to your miracle. Glad he made his arrival safe.

Visiting from ICLW and can't wait to read more about you!

M3MU said...

Happy ICLW. Your little one is absolutely adorable! Thanks for the comment on my blog! You're awesome. :)