Monday, March 9, 2015

#MicroblogsMonday: Bad news, Good News, Good News

No Fulbright for me. Gutted to say the least, not sure what I could have done differently as the interview went very well, so hopefully I will get a better idea when I get feedback in April. Maybe there was just a better candidate!

Meanwhile I had also been shortlisted for internal funding through my University to sponsor the trip the the US, I went for interview and I heard just last friday that they funded me! They did cut the budget (expected) but it's still better than nothing.

Both Mike and I will retain our salary for the duration of our stay (we have booked the flights, 29th of May-24th of August) which is great news and we have probably also found a house to rent in Davis too!


8 comments:

Valery said...

What a rollercoaster!! So sad that Fulbright didn't pick you. And Woohoo for going to America!

Heather said...

Sounds like it worked out well in the end! You'll have an adventure for sure. I wish I lived even remotely close to Davis. You need to venture inland. Lol! Best wishes on the big move.

Momasita said...

I have been thinking about you a lot and wondering if you got it. So sorry to hear that you did not get Fulbright. Glad you got the funding you needed though - that is great news!

Momasita said...

I must have missed it - where in the US is Davis?

Mina said...

Take some, lose some. The good thing with getting older is that one learns to deal better with news, both good and bad. You're doing quite alright, I'd say. :-)
Good luck with everything!

Fran said...

Yes it is Davis! Can't wait!!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Congratulations on the gains! Though sorry about the Fulbright.

Anonymous said...

I'm so thrilled on the trip being funded! That's awesome. I'm sorry about the Fulbright, but I hope that the feedback provides some answers. No matter what...I'm am SOOOOO looking forward to seeing you and your lovely family again (several times, I hope) this summer! You may even be around for Pumpkin's Welcoming party!!!